The first time ever tried to bake my brownies, I'd like to say, the outcome wasn't pleasant. *sigh* Maybe because I used margarine instead of butter - as I was so lazy to go out for shopping, my brownies were a bit oily.
So folks, here are the ingredients;
|some of the ingredients|
275g plain chocolate
85g milk chocolate
85g dark chocolate
175g plain flour, sieve
1tsp baking powder
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
85g nuts (pecans, hazels, cashews), broken into pieces
1 tsp vanilla essence
325g caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to Gas 3/170C. Line a square tin (BBC: 30x20x3.5cm) with baking paper.
- Put the plain chocolate and butter into a bowl. Place the bowl on a pan containing simmering water. Stir them to melt.
- Remove the bowl from heat and stir in the sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla essence.
- Add the flour, baking powder, nuts and chocolate together in the bowl. Fold the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking tin. Bake in the over for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool before cutting them into squares.
|the mess.. do not forget to clean them up!|
Last but not least, here how my brownies turned out to be..
|best serve while still warm - with vanilla ice cream :)|
Honest advice: Please please follow the recipe if you do not want to mess up your brownies just like I DID :(
FJ : Got the recipe from BBC food.